Sitting at my kitchen table, I pondered on my next blog post and bam! Reading someone else’s blog and remembering the now defunct 43things website that allowed you to share your life goals with an online community, I was inspired to create my own bucket list for my writing life on here. I might even add more with more reflection. I’ll keep it simple and include a completion date next to each one.
1. Finish Phillip Pullman’s His Dark Materials.
2. Finish The Chronicles of Narnia.
3. Read Stephen King’s Gungslinger series.
4. Attend Book Expo America (BEA).
5. Attend the Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP) Conference. March 30-April 2nd 2016
6. Attend a writer’s conference.
Get accepted to VONA (Voices of Our Nation) workshop. June 26-July 2nd in Miami, FL
8. Receive a fellowship.
9. Have a story or essay published in a magazine.
10. Meet Stephen King.
11. Meet Junot Diaz.
12. Meet Julia Alvarez.
13. Write for Poets & Writers magazine.
14. Contribute to Bookriot (I love this website!!!).
15. Complete a decent horror story.
16. Read all of Edgar Allen Poe’s work.
17. Have literary representation.
18. Meet Toni Morrison.
19. Read everything by Octavia Butler.
20. Attend a writer residency.